Friday, May 16, 2014

Off Ramp!

Ok this blog is about going to St John and Janet swimming for a very good reason – Children on an island need to know how to swim.  However….

Those who know me know that I am enamored with the juice of grapes.  Well tonight was one of those magical nights when it comes to wine.  Sorting through the bottles in my secret hideaway, I came across a gem in rough!  This Bordeaux style blend from the great State of Washington totally blew us away – 2008 Stevens 424!

Oh my… anyone whose has said I cannot taste the difference in wine has not had a bottle of Stevens 424.  Just Yummy!  This is blending at its best:   39% Cab Franc, 34% Cab Sauv, 17% Merlot, 7% Malbec, and 3% Petite Verdot.  The only thing wrong with tonight’s experience was that I have no more of this wine in the basement. 

… back to St John and blue water


Thanks for allowing me to take an off ramp!
 

3 comments:

  1. Wine sounds delicious!!!! Can't wait until Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I guess since you finished this wine off, you won’t be bringing any of it down with you. See you in a couple of days. By the way, since I know you take your responsibly so seriously, you will be happy to know that we have plenty of extra towels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I am not hauling any wine to the islands... this trip... now when we return in December that may be another story. Headed to town to pick up a few odds and ends and we will be ready to start packing.

    ReplyDelete