Monday, May 26, 2014

My Oh My!

Before I say anything I must tell you that I have broken two underwater cameras this week.  I have snapped pictures and watched a big bubble form over two different cameras.  I am very sorry that there are only a couple pictures and neither one captures the beauty we saw.  Suffice it to say it was some of the best snorkeling I have done in a very very long time.    


Today was a first as we head to the Mangroves in Hurricane Hole.  The growth hangs over the water and that is the great snorkeling.   This is not a snorkel for the weak of heart.  At some points my belly was inches from the bottom.


OK… No smart a$$ comments… we were not in 4 feet of water.  As you snorkeled toward the shore Snapper, small fish, and some pretty mean looking Barracudas were hiding within the protection of the roots.  Simply put:  AMAZING!

 
After a quick lunch at Skinny Legs (Best Hamburgers on the Island) we headed over to Haulover Bay.  The snorkeling reminded us of Puerto Rico in the late seventies.  The life returning to the reef was a pleasant surprise.  My Oh My… what a wonderful day!

After a wonderful snorkel what did we find, but Angel Rest had dropped anchor in the bay and drinks were plentiful.  I might have already said it, My Oh My… what a wonderful day!

 
We ended the evening at Concordia Eco Resort for open mic night.  It was the last one until next season.  Many of St John’s finest joined in to make it a great night of music.  Even one of the performer’s mom joined in to make it a very special night.  All the performers joined together to do a great cover of “The Wait”
 
 
Our trip is coming to the end, but it has been an amazing week.

No comments:

Post a Comment